Sony Electronics Inc.
aibo Trivia Event Terms and Conditions
- You are 18 years of age (19 in Alabama, Nebraska) and the age of majority in your state of residence.
- You are the parent/legal guardian of the Event Attendee.
- The Event is for personal and non-commercial use.
- Sony does not control and is not responsible for the behavior of other participants.
- The Event may provide, or third parties may provide, links or other access to other sites and resources on the Internet. Sony has no control over such sites and resources and Sony is not responsible for and does not endorse such sites and resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Sony will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, events, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Any dealings you have with third parties found while participating in the Event are between you and the third party, and you agree that Sony is not liable for any loss or claim that you may have against any such third party.
- Videotaping or photographing the video conference, or any part of the content therein, is strictly prohibited and not permitted.
- Indemnity & Release – To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sony and its parent and affiliates and their officers, employees, directors and agent harmless from any from any and all losses, damages, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, rights, claims, actions of any kind and injury (including death) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Event, your violation of Sony’s terms and conditions, or your violation of any rights of another. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” If you are a resident of another jurisdiction, you waive any comparable statute or doctrine.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES – YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE EVENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN, SONY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
SONY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE EVENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (II) THE EVENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, OR (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE EVENT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.